Quality System Coordinator
Company: Superior Technical Ceramics
Position: Quality System Coordinator
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Posted: November 9, 2023
The Quality System Coordinator will be responsible for activities that drive Quality improvement and compliance to defined requirements, including STC’s Quality Management System (QMS). This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that processing requirements, services, and other materials, into finished goods and services, conform to quality standards.
- Provide hands-on support to Quality processes and activities, including but not limited to: Quality Plan Processes, Calibration Processes, Measurement Equipment, Non-Destructive Testing Processes, Return Material Authorization activities, and NC activities.
- Carry out assignments critical in conducting Quality Assurance responsibilities of the business, including departmental support in the form of computer, electronic, technical, and other support, as necessary.
- When products and/or services do not meet specifications, reports defects and potentially may identify causes, including measurement method(s) and any potential error.
- Assist with continuous improvement of the QMS, as applicable.
- Work hands-on with personnel from all areas of the business to sustain and improve processes.
- Promote continuous improvement efforts and initiatives in all aspects of Quality and STC.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the QMS and all other applicable standards.
- Interface with customers for quality-related issues
- Lead quality system compliance initiatives
- Lead and report on internal audits.
- Assist in the review of MPP’s and other documentation.
- Other related duties as assigned or required.
- Ensures traceability of all work and materials according to quality system and customer standards.
- Review quality records to ensure they meet quality system standards.
- Storing quality documents and quality records.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- AS in manufacturing/related field preferred, or equivalent job experience.
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, including GDT, standards, and specifications.
- Understands quality terms, definitions, and concepts; understands principles of traceability.
- Understands statistical terms, plotting data, and identify deviated conditions.
- Familiar with measurement methods, techniques, and terminology.
- Understands the difference between precision and accuracy.
- Read and interpret drawings/blueprints, including an understanding of critical, major, and minor characteristics; knowledge of ASME Y14.5; understand both Cartesian and Polar coordinate systems.
- Completion of STC Quality Evaluation, which may include, but is not limited to: Higher level math, GD&T, computer skills, etc.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work independently.
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to support AS9100 and/or ISO9001 Internal Auditor activities or equivalent experience.
- Expected travel is estimated at ≤10% annually.
- Preferred: Experience with Visual 10 and QCBD software systems
Work is normally performed on-site at STC in Santa Ana, California. Office work is performed in a climate-controlled environment, STC provides proper safety equipment were necessary.
Work involves standing and walking for moderate periods of time, with typical office duties performed from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed materials & computer screens. Deadlines, workloads during peak periods, travel, and changing priorities may cause increased stress levels. Repetitive motion injuries may occur. STC will provide adaptive devices as needed.
STC is an equal opportunity employer and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.