Senior Specialist, Regulatory Affairs, Delivery System Sustaining Products
Company: Edwards Lifesciences LLC
Location: Irvine, CA
Posted: July 10, 2023
Transcatheter Heart Valve
The Regulatory Affairs Senior Specialist role is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of the Edwards Lifesciences Transcatheter Heart Valve (THV) program, one of the medical device industry’s most groundbreaking technological innovations. Edwards has a strong pipeline in this space and the regulatory pathway is critical to getting these lifesaving products to our clinicians and patients.
The Senior Specialist is responsible for completing and maintaining regulatory approvals and clearances of THV delivery system sustaining products.
- Represent the regulatory function on manufacturing and product development teams to provide input on regulatory requirements, including presenting alternatives for meeting regulatory requirements and resolving moderately complex conflicts between those requirements and development issues; also keeps management apprised of alternative actions. Review and approve protocols, reports, engineering drawings, procedures, and other product development and manufacturing documentation to ensure regulatory requirements compliance, consistency, and accuracy.
- Provide guidance on regulatory requirements necessary for strategic and contingency planning, including developing the preliminary regulatory strategic plans
- Prepare and oversee documentation packages for submission to global regulatory agencies. Assist with GUDID submissions. Track timelines and documents milestone achievements for inclusion in regulatory submissions. May interact with regulatory agencies as part of submission review and on-site audit support. (e.g., IDE’s, PMA’s, annual reports, 510(k)’s, STED’s and CE marking design dossiers and technical files)
- Monitor proposed and current global regulations and guidance; assess impact of such regulations and guidance on assigned project(s), propose suggestions on utilizing regulatory updates to expedite approval process
- Review labeling content product and process changes, and product documentation to assure regulatory requirements compliance, consistency, and accuracy
- Other incidental duties
Please note this is a high-engagement, office-based position on our beautiful campus in Irvine, California. We will support relocation assistance funds and services within the United States, if needed, for a qualified candidate who wants to relocate to a commutable distance from the Edwards main campus.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; a scientific discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of related experience is required with a Bachelor’s degree, OR, a minimum of three years of related experience is required with a Master’s degree.
- Coursework, seminars, and/or other formal government and/or trade association training is required
- Medical device experience is required. Experience preparing domestic and international product submissions is preferred
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including negotiating and relationship management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Full knowledge and understanding of global regulations relevant to medical devices, Class II and/or Class III devices
- Full knowledge and understanding of global regulatory requirements for new products or product changes.
- Full knowledge of new product development systems
- Good leadership skills and ability to influence change
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including inter-departmental teams and key contact representing the organization on contracts or projects
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Aligning our overall business objectives with performance, we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and a wide variety of benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families.
For California, the base pay range for this position is $86,000 to $121,000 (highly experienced).
The pay for the successful candidate will depend on various factors (e.g., qualifications, education, prior experience).
About Edwards Lifesciences
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 18,500 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it’s our life’s work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all Healthcare Interacting positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who interact with healthcare providers as part of their role. If hired, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless you request and are granted a medical or religious accommodation for exemption from the vaccination requirement. This vaccination requirement does not apply in countries where it is prohibited by law to impose vaccination. In countries where vaccines are less available, or other requirements exist, we may institute alternate measures that optimize patient safety and healthcare provider safety, which may include regular COVID testing or specific masking requirements.