Business Analyst (San Francisco, CA)
Position: Business Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posted: September 24, 2021
ValGenesis is a fast-growing global software company that enables global life science companies achieve new levels of efficiency and productivity. We are proud to partner with 30 of the top 50 global pharma and biotech companies.
Our flagship Validation Lifecycle Management System (VLMS) is the first enterprise software solution to manage the corporate validation lifecycle process 100% electronically. As a first mover in the industry, ValGenesis’ innovation drives significant cost and time savings in the life science space. VLMS is the system of record for all types of validation processes and is becoming a de facto standard for paperless validation across the life science industry.
What We Need:
ValGenesis is looking for a Business Analyst Professional Services who will be responsible to review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs in implementation projects for our customers. Activities include documenting requirements, defining scope and objectives and develop system configurations to parallel overall business strategies for our Life Sciences customers. Typical customers operate globally across multiple continents.
We are looking for Business Analysts that work well under pressure, are critical thinkers, understand software design, work independently and collaborative, are strategic thinkers, focus on process improvement, are emotionally intelligent, and know how to problem solve.
What You’ll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
• Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
• Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
• Improve systems by studying current practices, designing process modifications and system configurations
• Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
• Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
• Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
• Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time application issues
• Provide knowledge transfer and training to customers on the systems to be implemented
What We Are Looking For (Requirements):
• Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study OR equivalent work experience (computer science, systems development, industrial engineering).
• 2+ years' experience working in a Life Sciences company (pharma, med device, biotech) in a role that involves validation and/or qualification activities
• Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
• Detail oriented, analytical, and inquisitive
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
• 25% - 40% travel domestically and – for some projects - overseas
ValGenesis provides competitive base salary, top tier benefit options inclusive of health, dental, vision, 9 days off for Company Holidays, and PTO (paid time off). We are searching for talent that is driven to execute results to help us accomplish our goals, while remaining committed to customer success, collaborating cross-functionally, openly communicating, and operating with responsibility.
ValGenesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, color, gender identity / expression, family / medical care leave, genetic information, medical condition, physical / mental disability, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as a person with a disability, or other characteristics protected by laws or regulations.